Seabrook Intermediate School
October 10-14, 2016
- Are you looking for a place where you can hang out with friends and talk about things like faith? Come to Christians in Action, also known as CIA on Tuesday mornings in room 125. 8-3 magnet students meet at 7:30am, and everyone else meets at 8:15am. Everyone is welcome! Hope to see you there!
- If you have any information regarding any crime please contact Deputy Salinas, text "CLEARTIPS" plus your message and campus to 274637 (CRIMES) or call 281-284-TIPS. All information related to any reported crime will remain anonymous. Remember Crime Stoppers program offers CASH rewards to those who help catch the criminals.
- Character Trait of the Week: Citizenship. Try to associate yourself as just being you, an American Citizen and being successful in all that you do.
- Some of our SIS Students attend High School Football games at our district's stadiums. "When attending the high school football games, all students are expected to sit in the stands and watch the game from there. You should only leave the stands to go to the restroom and concession stand. Please be respectful of others who are watching the game with you, by not running or chasing each other and throwing or playing football."
- Students, don't forget to start working on your Reflections Entry. There are several categories to choose from: Dance, Literature, Film Production, Photography, Visual Arts, Music Composition...so many ways to express your story! Entry forms are in the front office and are due to Mrs. Oliver by October 24.
- Cherrydale Money is due by Wednesday, October 12. Please send in checks, cash or money orders. Please exchange large amounts of coin for dollar bills. Turn in your money in the pre-printed envelope to your advisory teacher.
- Triage is the name for our repairs to district issued laptops and tablets. Triage is open in the Library from 7:30-9:25am every day except Wednesday. Please remember that if you want device help come to Triage as soon as you get to school. You must arrive before or after announcements. If you arrive during the pledges or announcements you will be turned away.
- Tuesday, Oct 11 is School Picture Day
- 7th Grade Football will be played on Tuesday 10/11. A Team will be at SIS. B Team will be at LCIS. Games begin at 4:45pm
- 8th Grade Football will be played on Wednesday, 10/12. A Team will be at SIS. B Team will be at LCIS. Games will begin at 4:45pm.
- Volleyball will be played on Thursday 10/13. 7th Grade will be at VLIS. 8th Grade will be at SIS. Games begin at 5pm.
- Spartan Spirit Shirts are being sold in the library during lunch on Fridays only. Tshirts are $15 and sweatshirts are $20.
- We still have students that have not turned in their proof of residency forms. Please turn them in to the front office ASAP.
- NJHS Members please remember to turn in your $10 dues to Mr. Lowe.
- SIS Fall Choir Concert will be held on Mon 10/10 at 7pm at the University Baptist Church.
- Congratulations to all SIS Students that auditioned for the Region Choir and the following for being chosen: Elise Choniere, Lawrence Au, Zachary Brabston, Jorden Zepeda, Aiden Kocian, Makayla Mack, Tanner Williford
- SAVE Club will not meet this week due to 9 weeks testing. See you on Oct 26.
- You have an opportunity to help raise money for Breast Cancer Research! All you have to do is vote...5 cents a vote will put your favorite teacher in a pink tutu, pink leggings, pink hair and anything else pink we can think of! So who you gonna vote for? Bring your nickels, quarters and dollars to lunch. Let's make cancer history!
- October 9-16 is Teen Read Week. To celebrate, the Library is having a contest and giveaways all week. 1) Every time you check out a book, make a guess on one of the candy estimation jars. 2) If you get caught reading for fun, bring your slip to the library to be entered in a drawing for prizes. 3) Fine Free Friday!! Clear you library fine by telling us about a book you read just for the fun of it!
- No Homework Heaven or MME this week.
- Friday, Oct 14 is a Jeans Day for Breast Cancer Awareness. Bring $1 to wear jeans. Jeans must be in good repair with no holes or rips. Standardized dress tops or Spirit Shirts are acceptable. This is also an Early Release Day. Magnet Students are released at 12:10pm. All others released at 1:00pm.
- Girls Basketball Tryouts will be held November 3 at 7am. You must have a current physical to tryout.
- Boys Basketball Tryouts are coming. If you are interested in playing see Coach Edwards (8th Grade) or Coach Carruthers (7th Grade). You must have a current physical to tryout.
- Cross Country Tryouts will be in November. You must have a physical to tryout.